- What hardware will I need for my Online class?
- What software will I need?
- How does testing work in Distance Learning courses?
- What do I need to know to take an online class?
- Where can I find out more?
- Frequently Asked Questions - Student Laptops
56kbps modem at a minimum. Media-rich content in online courses is better viewed on faster Cable or DSL type connections.
Some courses may require a CD-Rom drive and/or a diskette drive for your computer.
- For the latest Blackboard Supported Browsers, Plugins and Operating Systems Click Here
- Internet Service Provider (ISP) through which you connect to the Internet. To learn more about local ISPs, contact the Distance Learning Office for more information or log on to http://www.thelist.com for a listing of ISPs available within your area code.
- NOTE: Many instructors have direct links to their web pages from the Internet courses listed in the master class schedule found on Gateway's web site. These instructor web pages may contain the hardware and software requirements for that particular Online course. If the instructor does not have a direct link, please contact him or her directly for hardware and software requirements for the course.