Successful Online Learners
No one knows the exact set of skills, attitudes, or beliefs required for success in online classes, but our experience indicates that the following characteristics play a role in successful online learning:
- Self-Disciplined: Ability to set your own schedule and stick to it without the need for constant supervision.
- Motivated: Online courses require as much, and frequently more, time than a traditonal face-to-face course.
- Comfortable with Technology: Ability to use computers to send and receive e-mail, search for high-quality information online, use common office software applications for word-processing, etc.
- Independent Learners: Online learners are comfortable working independently when required to gather and evaluate information during the course of completing projects and assignments.
- Effective Communicators: The ability to communicate effectively using the written word is important to the success of online learners since so much of the interaction that takes place in an online course is based on written language.
Are you ready for Distance Learning? Click Here to Take the READI Assessment to find out if online courses are for You.